Although no longer a statutory requirement for complementary therapists to hold a qualification in first aid it is highly recommended in the VTCT qualifications criteria. This one day First Aid at Work course covers all the necessary criteria to obtain a recognised first aid qualification and is in line with the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The course is accredited by the Association of First Aiders, and will be delivered by Paramedical First Aid Training. On completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Paramedical First Aid Training, that is valid for three years .
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- Assess the situation quickly and calmly
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Deal with an unconscious casualty who is not breathing (CPR)
- Deal with a casualty who is having a seizure
- Deal with a casualty who is choking
- Deal with casualty’s who are wounded & bleeding
- Deal with a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Assess and treat minor injuries
- Automated external defibrillator awareness.
Please Note: The course will require a certain amount of physical activity. You will need to demonstrate CPR techniques from the floor in a group environment. This is essential to pass the course. Anyone who cannot complete the CPR part of the course will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Photo ID will be required on the training day or your qualification cannot be awarded.
This course will run from 9.30am – 4.30pm at our centre in Kimberley, Nottingham.
Course Date: Friday 17 May 2019
Places are limited so please call 07910 332811 or email: email@example.com and you will be sent a booking form to reserve your place.